Re: problem with switching from graphical to text console

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 02:52:49 +0100
Pierre Allegraud <pallegra%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I had the same problem. If I modload i915drm before starting X, I can
> freely switch to a text console. However I m using a modified pkgsrc
> modular Xorg. Maybe that can work on your src/x11 Xorg too ?

Yes, it does indeed! Thanks.

Although the Xorg log tells me that DRM doesn't really work:

(EE) GARTInit: Unable to open /dev/agpgart (Device busy)
(EE) intel(0): /dev/agpgart is either not available, or no memory is available
(EE) [drm] drmOpen failed.

BTW, is there any prefered location where to insert your modload commands?
I found no documentation about it, and modload is nowhere mentioned in
the whole /etc tree.

Put it into /etc/rc.local ?

--
Frank Wille