Re: nfs problems

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 06:07:32PM +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
 > I observe strange hangs with nfs on amd64.
 >
 > 'ls' works fine but 'sync' blocks the shell and
 > isn't interruptable with CTRL-c.
 >
 > I can provide more information when you tell me
 > which ones you want to have.
 > I don't know where to look at.

A good start for this or any other hang is to run ps -alx and examine
the WCHAN column.

If, as is likely, everything is waiting on 'tstile', find the related
process that isn't waiting on tstile that all the others are queueing
up behind. Usually there is one.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost