Re: piixide write speed very slow

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, Matthias Scheler wrote:
On 4 Dec 2009, at 14:35, Stephen Borrill wrote:
I've seen a couple of boxes recently where writing to a piixide-attached disk
was excruciatingly slow:

Out of interest: why are your using piixide(4) on these boxes anyway?

On the 3400, pciide attached until I sprinkled match code in piixide (OpenBSD matches with piixide too).

Should they be supported by ahcisata(4)?

On the second slow box, I tried all sorts of BIOS settings to try to get ahcisata to attach but failed.

I'll try again on the 3400 as that is the one I have in the office, but the 'BIOS' is actually a complex EFI thing.

--
Stephen