Re: Weirdness in comm(1)

At Mon, 30 Nov 2009 23:08:36 +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger
<> wrote:
Subject: Re: Weirdness in comm(1)
> I completely disagree.

I'm not at all comfortable with the introduction of EOVERFLOW to fgetln(3).

The ability to handle lines longer than INT_MAX is much more academic.

The fact that it does it badly, is, well, not its fault, since as you say:

> At some point the libc ABI should be fixed to not
> use an internal buffer length of type int,

Indeed.  That's the real bug.  And here we'll get stuck unless a wide
enough audience can agree that we need to be able to regularly make
fixes such as this in libc.

                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.

<>       +1 416 218 0099