List of SAS controllers

I am kind of at cross roads here, SCSI disk are getting difficult to get and
very few SAS controllers are supported by netbsd, or at least I don't see a
list at

What is recommended by netbsd looks like theres more support for SATA than

I have a tyan s3992g3nr-rs, 8gb ram  with  lsi 8298elp  sas/sata controller,
the drivers are identified however dmesg shows he following for

mpt0 at pci7 dev 0 function 0: vendor 0x1000 product 0x0059
mpt0: interrupting at ioapic1 pin 14

The server is slow a simple tar takes ages, database indexes takes days.
Don't see any error on  dmesg so not sure what is causing these issues.

Derrick Lobo