Re: HEADS-UP: Stack Smash Protection enabled by default for amd64 and i386

Marco Peereboom wrote:
I have been fascinated by this thread and I have a suggestion.  Maybe
you guys can disable pf, that will make the packets flow FASTER!!!

No, they will not. Packets flow at the speed the network medium have negotiated. Nothing you can do about that, no matter how fast you process things locally in your machine. You might be able to build up a queue of packets to send out a little faster though, if you consider that having a larger queue is beneficiary.

        Johnny