Re: PF related panic

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

I also commented out lkm=YES in /etc/rc.conf before reboot. Using PF as a
module and I can reproduce a crash in 1 second, not using module and I haven't
had any problems so far.

That reminded me ...

Subject: system lock up with pf.o module on amd64
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=38245

I'm not sure about the LKM builds on amd64, but certainly on 5.0 and later, the kernel modules were not getting built with the -mno-red-zone option, and modules had the potential of having interrupts clobber stack data that the compiler presumed was safe. I wouldn't be suprised if lkms
may have the same problem on amd64.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant