Re: ACPI call for testing

On Tue November 10 2009 01:58:22 Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 06:49:12PM -0700, Sverre Froyen wrote:
> > I tested the patch on a Thinkpad T500 (today's current amd64).  The
> > result is a slew of error messages from the iwn driver later followed by
> > a hung system (cannot even get to ddb).   Unfortunately, I have no more
> > information as the interesting parts had scrolled off the screen.  I'm
> > attaching dmesg from the working kernel.
>
> Care to disable iwn to check if that is the culprit or not?

Disabling iwn shows that iwn is indeed the culprit.  Any thoughts on what
works differently with the patch as pertains to the driver?  A second test gave
me a uvm_fault and the first error message from the driver is "fatal firmware
error".

Thanks,
Sverre

PS Is there a way to get a core dump when the swap partition is (slightly)
smaller than the memory size?  I thought this used to work but now I get a
"not possible" message whenever I try.