Re: how good is our SMP on 'modern' hardware?

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:10:47 +1000
George Michaelson <ggm%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:

>  From a position of *complete ignorance*, can I ask how good our SMP is?
>
> Is it close to best of breed?
>
> If (for instance, and its only an example) "grand central" works, and
> takes off in the wider software community, is NetBSD going to be a
> choice platform to run it on?
>
> -G

Since this isn't exactly netbsd-advocacy%netbsd.org@localhost, I'm not sure if
posting these here is exactly on-topic (and it's using netbsd-5 rather
than -current).  However they might be of interest if general
performance is a concern:

http://www.netbsd.org/~ad/50/
http://mauthesis.com/19_ruby_bench_8_cores.html
--