Re: Kernel panic in "subr_xcall.c"

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:44:43 +0200, Manuel Bouyer
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:15:04PM +0200, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
>> [...]
>> Which element in the boot process requires a call to pmap_growkernel()
>> early during boot? (full stack trace if possible).
> Anything that tries to allocate kernel memory can end up calling
> pmap_growkernel().

The KASSERT() can only fire when ncpu > 1 and there is no CPU flagged with

I think that such a situation is rare during boot; the boot processor
should already have its SPCF_RUNNING flag set before attaching secondary

IMHO, the fail happen during cpu_attach(), just after mi_cpu_attach(). But
I'd like to have a confirmation first, as it is pure assumption on my part.

Jean-Yves Migeon