Re: mDNSResponder build failure on 64-bit platform (amd64)

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 01:29:05PM -0400, Ty Sarna wrote:

> And now that I look at it, it does actually seem to do network byte
> order on the "wire", too.

In which case whatever writes down that 64bit field can write it into
two 32bit values - and the 'packed' can be killed.

There is the other option of only marking the 64bit field as needing
32bit alignment.

Of course, if it is just a token that is psssed back I see certain
bugs on the horizon when code blindly assumes that the returned
value is one of the ones it sent :-)

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost