Re: kernel panic when trying to boot amd64 netbsd-INSTALL_XEN3_DOMU.gz from 2009-09-15 00:00 UTC

On 19/09/2009 4:20 AM, Michael Litchard wrote:
Things had been working fine on 5.0.1 and current from July, and I
believe early August. This is what I get now.

config_attach_loc() at netbsd:config_attach_loc+0x15e
mainbus_attach() at netbsd:mainbus_attach+0x4a
config_attach_loc() at netbsd:config_attach_loc+0x15e
cpu_configure() at netbsd:cpu_configure+0x1c
main() at netbsd:main+0x1dd
ds          0xc51
es          0x1bc0
fs          0xc000
gs          0xee49
rdi         0x8
rsi         0xd
rbp         0xffffffff80d41bb0
rbx         0xffffffff80d41bc0
rdx         0
rcx         0x1
--db_more--xenconscn_getc(): not console

screen freezes at this point. Don't know how to investigate further.

In the meantime, could someone clue me into a build that I could try
from July or August? I didn't keep records of my working -current
build.

Current amd64 domUs have been panicking since late July, though I'm not sure if yours is the same since you excluded the actual panic. The trace looks very similar.

I've been on:

NetBSD spike.internal 5.99.15 NetBSD 5.99.15 (XEN3_DOMU) #1: Thu Jul 30 14:41:07 EST 2009 root%spike.internal@localhost:/usr/obj/sys/arch/amd64/compile/XEN3_DOMU amd64

due to this issue. The userland is newer and the dom0 is current as of about a week ago. The latest dom0 seems to overcome some vnd wierdness and associated crashes. The system was randomly (as in I never actually saw a panic) rebooting which appears to have ceased.

Current and xen is a little bit broken atm :(

Sarton