hdaudio: could not allocate record buffer disables suspend

Hi,

I'm just trying the new hdaudio code. On my system, I have the
integrated hdaudio chip and another hdaudio chip on the ATI Radeon
display board. With the new hdaudio code, the hdaudio attached to
the Radeon causes this to appear in the dmesg:

audio: could not allocate record buffer

As far as I can see, the "failure" to allocate the record buffer is
because the device does not support recording at all.

This wouldn't bother me, but trying to suspend the machine, I now get:

acpi0: entering state 3
Devices without power management support: audio0
acpi0: aborting suspend

So failure to allocate record buffer on device incapable of recording
disables suspend capability.