Re: netbsd-5 recurring named crash

Christos Zoulas wrote:
In article <4A93E9C1.6060708%distal.com@localhost>,
Chris Ross  <cross+netbsd%distal.com@localhost> wrote:
I am running the stock named on a netbsd-5 system from mid July sources. I have been seeing it crash and dump core repeatedly. It tends to run for a few days, then fail. The last one, as may've previous, yielded the following assertion failure to syslog before dumping:

Aug 23 00:48:49 server named[1946]: /data/NetBSD/src-5/dist/bind/lib/dns/rbtdb.c:1441: REQUIRE(prev > 0) failed
Aug 23 00:48:49 server named[1946]: exiting (due to assertion failure)

If anyone has any suggestions what I might be doing to provoke this, I'd be happy to hear it.

Is that i386? Try disabling the threading code.

No, sparc64. Same advice apply? What's the easy way to do that in the core build?

                        - Chris