CDDL [was: ]Re: [HEADS UP] zfs import

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
ps: I thought we didn't want CDDL code in the tree ?

I do not remember any official statement. FWIW, our webpage[1] says:

``Though the Berkeley license is generally used as the template for the license terms of works that are part of the NetBSD source tree, it does not apply to all works in the source tree, and you should check the individual source files to see what license applies to them. In particular, certain parts of the source tree are covered by the GNU General Public License (also known as the GPL), which is very different from the Berkeley license. Though we would like all of the software that we distribute to be covered by a Berkeley-style license, we can't make other people change their license terms, and we don't have an infinite amount of time to rewrite all of the software that we need. ''

 - Hubert

[1] http://www.netbsd.org/about/redistribution.html