Re: hotplug (was Re: Option N.V. Wireless WAN modem driver)

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 08:45:27AM +0100, Iain Hibbert wrote:
 > > No. I am saying that the absolute broken concept of the Windows Driver
 > > Disk should be handled internally by the driver. This is even more
 > > important as the process of switching into "native" device mode differs
 > > between vendors.
 >
 > if the driver reconfigures the device directly, then it is not possible to
 > look at the disk data using NetBSD.

While that's a valid point, I think the default behavior should be to
have the device work, as transparently as possible. If one wants to
poke around there should be some kind of explicit mode setting to
allow that.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost