Re: Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 v2.0 vs. NetBSD

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Rafal Boni wrote:

(I cut out port-i386 since its not in any way i386 specific)

> It looks like this mouse has several issues with our USB stack:
>
>       * We either mis-calculate the report size of the report descriptor
>         used by the mouse to signal events, or the report size is mis-
>         reported by the device,

can you check with "usbctl" and "usbhidctl" to see if they give any
more useful information?

>       * The wheel has a 'tilt' axis, but this is reported as an unusual
>         HID type (Consumer:AC Pan), so it isn't used.

I believe that AC PAN is the correct usage for this, the apple mighty
mouse uses it and I fixed up btms(4) some time ago to use it..

I don't think you should rename all the variables w->t ..

> Attached is a patch that makes my mouse works, though I'm not 100% sure
> if the handling of the report isize / interrupt pipe packet size is the
> right way to solve that problem (if it got the report isize correct, the
> rest would simply fall out, but that's harder to make a quirk for).

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't just use the wMaxPacketSize to
allocate the buffer, unless whomever wrote it was afraid of broken devices
claiming to need 0xffff sized buffers..?

iain