Re: Apache subversion coredump on large merge (SSLSessionCache)

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Greg Troxel wrote:

I had a similar issue, also on NetBSD i386 5.0 with 8 CPUs.  I removed
the (default) SSLSessionCache directive as you suggested and the problem
went away.

I wonder if there are locking bugs in SSLSessionCache, but my errors
were repeatable and happened in the same place every single time.  The
web server is busy, but I think in many cases was doing nothing else.

I wonder if the SSLSessionCache persists across apache restarts and
became corrupted.

        I don't believe its persisting - I could reproduce the error
        with the file removed, starting apache and the only connection
        to the server would be the svn merge...

        I didn't check if svn merge was making multiple connections
        to the server - if it is I could understand how things could
        go bad, but it its only making a single request then that
        makes... less sense