Re: -current is shafted

On 27/05/2009 12:48 AM, Patrick Welche wrote:
On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 02:25:08PM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
- httpd fails because semctl() is broken, so nxr.netbsd.org is down.

So no one mentioned this one. In my case it was "you upgraded netbsd so
now you can't see your postgresql data". Recompiling postgresql allowed
me to run a database, but not to look at my old data. I got around it
with make new directory, unpack old base.tgz into it, chroot to it
(so use old libc which I think was the crux), run old postgresql,
pg_dumpall, load into new postgresql.

With apache there was some libtool/apr related brokenness as well. Not sure which one specifically.

Xen+CURRENT on amd64 is broken at the moment too. It appears to be all userland, I'm running a kernel less than 24hrs old with a 5.0 userland just fine. Binary compatibility between 5.0 and CURRENT for PERL and Python is also non-existent.

Nothing like a sharp edge for a deep wound :)

Sarton