Current boot failure ("port is broken") / amd64

Hi there,

while I've given up the idea of installing NetBSD on my MacBook (see other messages in this thread), I tried to upgrade on an other DELL machine from amd64/5.99.1 to current.

While the conf file did not change, I cannot boot. Instead, I've got this message:

boot device: <unknown>
This port is broken, it does not call cnpollc() before calling cngetc() [...]

Thereafter I fall back in a prompt asking me to enter a boot device.

GENERIC does not work either, because the pckbd driver conflicts with the Core2duo multiprocessing initialization, as I reported some time ago.

Any hint?
Thanks,
Vincent