Re: postinstall anomaly

Yeah, the patch looks good. If noone else gets to it during the day, I'll commit it this evening.

On Thu, 21 May 2009, Nicolas Joly wrote:

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 05:55:23AM -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
With sources updated as of last night, postinstall seems to be confused
about whether or not makedev is successful.

First, it reports

        makedev check:
                /tmp/_postinstall.22840.0/MAKEDEV != ///dev/MAKEDEV

But later on, it claims that makedev was successful:

        postinstall checks passed: bluetooth ddbonpanic defaults dhcpcd
        envsys gid hosts iscsi makedev motd named pam periodic pf postfix
        ssh wscons x11 uid varrwho
        postinstall checks failed: mtree rc obsolete

And, when asked to fix makedev, it does so:

        {104} /build/netbsd-local/src/usr.sbin/postinstall/postinstall -s
        ./src -d / fix makedev mtree rc obsolete
        Source directory: ./src
        Target directory: /
        makedev fix:
                Copied /tmp/_postinstall.22949.0/MAKEDEV to /dev/MAKEDEV

Yep. I noticed it too ... and posted a patch for review on
tech-toolchain@ ML.

<http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-toolchain/2009/05/19/msg000709.html>

Freel free to commit it if this ok, i'm mostly offline for a few days.

--
Nicolas Joly

Biological Software and Databanks.
Institut Pasteur, Paris.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at whooppee.com   |