ps2 mouse breaks my ps2 keyboard?

I'm running the latest -current on an amd64x2 machine running in 32-bit mode.
I've been seeing this keyboard problem for quite some time now:

pckbc0 at acpi0 (PS2K, PNP0303) (kbd port): io 0x60,0x64 irq 1
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard
pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
pckbc0: unable to establish interrupt for aux slot   <=========
wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0

The problem this creates is that when starting an X session the session hangs
for about 30 seconds while the keyboard leds flash three times about ten seconds
apart, and then the keyboard doesn't work when X finally starts.

During the delay I see console messages like this:
ums0 at uhidev0: 3 buttons and Z dir.
wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0        <=======  NOTE: I'm using a usb mouse
pckbport: command timeout     <=======  PS/2 keyboard
pms_enable: command error 35  <=======  No pms connected to the machine
pckbport: command timeout
pckbport: command timeout
pms_disable: command error

I discovered by trial and error that the problem is completely 'fixed' if I
delete support for pms in my kernel configuration.  This was not always the
case, but I can't remember when it started.  Maybe six months ago?

Seems to me that this is a bug, but what do you think?

Thanks!