Re: status for Marvell Orion support

Havard Eidnes wrote:
This can be fixed by adding this line to the KURBOX_PRO
kernel configuration file:

config          netbsd-wd0          root on wd0 type ffs

With that in place, a netbsd-wd0.bin-KUROBOX_PRO.gz file ended up
in $RELEASEDIR/binary/kernel, and with it vanished the prompt for
the root file system and init's path.

Ref. above and below, no need to run Linux to get this one to go :)
Congrats.
However, what's the exact syntax to set bootcmd?  I made a couple
of attempts of

setenv bootcmd "ide reset; ext2load ide 0:0 0x8000 /netbsd-wd0.bin-KUROBOX_PRO; g
0x8000"

but my box reset each time (it's always the small hurdles...)

You need to escape the ";" since it is the end of the command.
Marvell>> setenv temp ide reset\; ext2load ide 0:1 0x8000 /netbsd.bin\; g 0x8000
Marvell>> printenv
temp=ide reset; ext2load ide 0:1 0x8000 /netbsd.bin; g 0x8000

Replace temp with bootcmd, of course - I didn't want to change mine just yet. But, I have a brand new SATA that I'm going to follow your instructions with.
Oh, yes, a few notes at the end:

My Kurobox_PRO insisted on sounding an annoying alarm whenever I
interrupted the automatic boot sequence on the console.  A second
press on the power button made the alarm turn off.  The red alarm
light is still on, though, even though I'm up and running
multi-user (I've not managed to set the bootcmd variable yet).

If you wait for the second chance to interrupt autoboot, it won't make the annoying sound.
...and... I sometimes get this sort of messages on the console:

WARNING: negative runtime; monotonic clock has gone backwards

I'm guessing that's not so good, though probably nonfatal.

Probably a local high gravity problem.

Regards,
Don