Re: Apache not working

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 09:45:13PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:00:53 -0400
> matthew sporleder <msporleder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> > I think you need to recompile:
> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2009/02/18/msg008137.html
> >
> OK -- I recompiled apr, apr-tool, and apache22, and it works again.
> The question now is why?  What changed to break binary compatibility
> within -current, and what will that imply for 6.0?

I know apache was running fine with a new kernel and I was pretty sure
it was running after updating userland. I thought it was after I upgraded
apache that it happened.

Just to be thorough, you didn't update apache aswell as kernel/userland?

I used 'pkg_rolling-replace -suv' and it missed it.

Almost ... well, 80% certain it was still running before I touched apache.
I think it might be a stale dependency thing more than binary incompatibility.
I also could be wrong :)

Sarton