Raid filesystem problem

I needed to reboot my system for routine maintenance - HP/netbsd 4.1/2 ide disks.

When the machine restarted it started the boot sequence and saw all the devices. It then got to the point where it needed to mount a file system and it complaine

No file system raid1a found

I booted off of a CD and the partitions look ok - as seen in disklabel. I can mount some of them and looks like fsck will be in order. The one partition I cannot mount is A which is fstype RAID.

I am at a total loss at this point. Any suggestion or idea would be gratly appreciated.