Re: Problem with msdosfs disklabels and geometry

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:49:57 -0500
"Jared D. McNeill" <> wrote:

> Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > doubt it will work for you anyway; I don't think that
> > suspend-to-disk on the T43 is a BIOS function, and NetBSD doesn't
> > support it at all.
> NetBSD does support ACPI S4bios where available.
Please clarify.  Are you saying that if the BIOS can do suspend-to-disk
via S4, we support it?  That makes sense; indeed, I had older Thinkpads
where suspend-to-disk was entirely done by the BIOS, with little or no
OS APM support.  I thought, though, that on newer Thinkpads the OS had
to do the bulk of the work.  That is what I was questioning here.

                --Steve Bellovin,