Re: Ideas about an analog-to-digital converter API

On 31-Dec-08, at 6:37 PM, David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 06:16:28PM -0500, Ken Hornstein wrote:
>> I've been thinking about writing a driver for the A/D converter
>> hardware
>> in one of the ARM boxes that I have.  I have the documentation, and
>> writing
>> that driver looks relatively straightforward.  But ... what I am
>> having
>> a problem with is: what should the userspace API look like?
>
> audio(4) may do.

This is wrong, audio(4) serves other purpose than ADC/DAC handling.
It's like mapping file-system capabilities to a particular file-system
architecture (who said Linux ?). I'm all for extracting common ADC/DAC
features, group them is a framework and convert audio(4) to use this
framework.

 - Arnaud