Re: Asking for path to modules (was: How do I keep testing current-amd64 witout so much trouble?)

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008, Andrew Doran wrote:

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 10:17:49AM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:

I don't know. but I think that the simplest solution for LOCKDEBUG
kernels is to avoid the issue by not allowing spinouts while we
are sleeping for input, using a global variable. It is ugly, but I
don't have a better idea right now.

I pointed out in a seperate forum that kernel_lock should no longer be
required in this path. Removing the KERNEL_LOCK() call in init_main.c
should solve the problem.

Do you mean the KERNEL_LOCK() call in configure() in kern/subr_autoconf.c:484?

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at whooppee.com   |
|                  |                          | pgoyette at netbsd.org  |