Re: something is broken with ata in netbsd-5

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 11:16:28AM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
> > rochebonne# ll /dev/rwd0d /dev/rwd2d
> > crw-r-----  1 root  operator        3,  3 Mar 17  2005 /dev/rwd0d
> > crw-r-----  1 root  operator        3, 19 Dec  4  2004 /dev/rwd2d
>
> I tried it again. I can access wd2 fine, but only when it is not the root
> device. If root I get ENXIO.

And it doesn't happen for wd0 ? that's really strange and I can't see
how it could be specific to the wd driver (the wd driver doens't know what
the root device is). Could the error be from a upper layer ?
A first step would be to check if the ENXIO comes from wdopen()