Re: having problems using 'gethostbyname'

On 12 Dec 2008, at 19:25, David Dudley wrote:
I have a C++ program that I'm trying to get running.

Could you please tell us what program that is?

It uses the 'gethostbyname' function call,

If it is your own program you would be much better of to use
getaddrinfo(3) instead.

and when I try to load it, I get

'Shared object "nss_dns.so.0" not found'

What does your "/etc/nsswitch.conf" look like?

Where is this located, and how do I make sure it's available?

It is part of "libc" and should therefore be available.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/