Re: Cross-building on MacOS X/lint failure

>Recent versions of gcc will treat the memcpy the same as the structure
>assignment! This means both 'suffer' from the 'strict aliasing'
>optimisations.

Hrm.  I don't THINK strict aliasing is an issue here.  In this case
there are no accesses to the same memory via different union fields.
And certainly not in that brief code segment.  I could be wrong,
though.  Could you (or someone else) take a look at that code in lint
and see if that's an issue?

>It might also be the same optimisation bug that has been recently
>reported elswehere.

Could you provide a link to that?  I did actually try compiling the
cross-platform lint without -O, and that didn't change anything.

--Ken