Re: using linux as domU. --- done!!!

Hi,

Thanks for comments.

I think you are right, "ubuntu-xen-server" package for Ubuntu 8.10 does not contain any vmlinuz-*-xen kernel.

Actually, i tried following configurations:

NetBSD 5.99.01 amd64 / Ubuntu 8.06 amd64. This certainly works. And my current system is this one. NetBSD 5.99.01 amd64 / Ubuntu 8.06 X86_64. This certainly works. I have tried that one about 2-3 days ago

NetBSD 5.99.01 amd64 / Ubuntu 8.10 amd64. This trial was about a week ago. I think I couldn't get vmlinuz-*-xen kernel using 'ubuntu-xen-server' package. Instead i downloaded it from somewhere else, i dont really remember the result, because at that time i thought i somehow ruined something and made a mistake. I really spent many many hours on this issue.

I think i should mention about 8.10 failure, but i assume that this will be supported soon - hopefully.

Regards,

John Hayward, 11/21/08 01:14:
Problems getting ubuntu xen kernel.

Is the apt package ubuntu-xen-server only for adm64 hardware? Is there something which needs to be done to get the kernel other than apt-get install ubuntu-xen-server? Is there an issue of going with server 8.10 vs
8.04?
Any insight would be appreciated.
It appears that ubuntu i386 server 8.10 ubuntu-xen-server does not contain a xen kernel. ubuntu i386 server 8.04 ubuntu-xen-server I was at least able to obtain a xen kernel.

I probably should double check the 8.10 ubuntu-xen-server does not contain
a xen kernel.

Now on to copying the image over and seeing if I can get it to boot.

johnh...

johnh...