Re: HSDPA connexion for the dummies ?

>> Does anyone wrote down documentation (for dummies ;) on howto access
>> Internet using an USB HSDPA (HUAWEI E220, recognised by dmesg) modem on
>> NetBSD ?
>
> I take it u3g attaches?

No idea :)

When I plug it, I get :

uhmodem0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
uhmodem0: HUAWEI Technologies HUAWEI Mobile, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 2
uhmodem0: failed to change mode: NOMEM
uhmodem0: at uhub0 port 2 (addr 2) disconnected
uhmodem0: detached
uhmodem0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
uhmodem0: HUAWEI Technologies HUAWEI Mobile, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 2
ucom0 at uhmodem0 portno 0: modem
ucom1 at uhmodem0 portno 1: alt#1
umass1 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 2
umass1: HUAWEI Technologies HUAWEI Mobile, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 2
umass1: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
umass1: endpoint not found 0/4/0

> In that case try modify the attached chat script for your provider and
> put the options file into /etc/ppp. Just call pppd afterwards.
>
> Joerg

The modem is blinking blue.
I have disabled PIN code from a mobile phone.
It worked yesterday evening with WinXP and Mac OS X.

I have /dev/ttyU0 and /dev/ttyU1 but no /dev/ucom*.

# pppd
Serial connection established.
Using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyU0