Re: XFree86 with nVidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

kamel derouiche wrote:
HI all,

I've been trying to get XFree86 running on a PC
running NetBSD/amd64 4.0.1 which has an nVidia GeForce
6150SE nForce 430 card.

this nv driver, startx fails with !!, .........
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Using the vesa driver instead just produces a black
screen when I run startx, and the only way to recover
seems to be a reboot.

What do they mean? the driver GeForce 6150SE nForce
430 content in
http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/xsrc/external/mit/xf86-video-nv/dist/ChangeLog,there
is a solution?
I think that's for Xorg which comes with the base in NetBSD CURRENT and 5.0_BETA. I suggest you to install xorg from pkgsrc or upgrade to 5.0_BETA and run xorg from base. I am running X.Org X Server 1.4.2 from the base with nVidia Corporation G80 [Quadro NVS 320M] on NetBSD 5.0_BETA.

Cheers,
Marcin