Re: Color symbols problem w/ native xorg under current

Peter Bex wrote:
Hi there,

Now I have xorg up and running, and removed the pkgsrc xorg, I noticed
a really strange problem: Named colors can be used, but direct
rgb specifications are not recognised properly.  For example:

$ xterm -fg green

works without problems (and shows a green foreground color), while
this happens with a color specification:

$ xterm -fg \#2a9
Warning: Color name "#2a9" is not defined

Even stranger is the fact that xterm continues to start up and displays
the blueish color that 2a9 is.

xdpyinfo tells me I'm on a 24 bits default visual, and multimedia/mplayer
and www/links-gui display high-color pictures just fine.

twm (from pkgsrc, as the base one has problems with its default config
file, apparently) also complains: invalid color name "rgb:2/a/9"

This is on macppc, with userland from ~two days ago.

Cheers,
Peter
I can see that on 5.0_BETA too.