Re: Building current

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008, David Dudley wrote:
> Using the build.sh build script, if I include -kernel=GENERIC on the
> command, will it build only the GENERIC kernel, or will it also build
> the XEN* kernels as well?

"build.sh [options] kernel=GENERIC" will build the GENERIC kernel, and
will rebuild the make wrapper, but will do nothing more.

> Would like to cut down my build time, and seems that *not* building
> several kernels that I will never run *might* save a little time.

There's no way of doing that, unless you edit various Makefiles.
Building the GENERIC kernel won't prevent other kernels from being built
as part of "build.sh [options] release" (or whatever).

--apb (Alan Barrett)