Re: hang on revivesa with dual core CPU

Bill Stouder-Studenmund a écrit :

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2008/09/22/msg002782.html
A lot of people would be interested in this being fixed, myself
included!
I'm not sure that this is the same issue. The original problem here was that things start, then wedge. The issue above, as best I can tell, is something that hits boot. Or do I misunderstand?

Right. The second core won't start. It stays in a halt state, probably until the ps/2 keyboard is detected and initialized in the course of boot. The guess of Manuel was that some line is held up until proper init, whereas when the PS/2 driver is absent, the line is not touched and things proceed properly.

Vincent