Re: MKXORG=yes on Linux: nbmtree: existing entry for `libXaw.so', type `link' does not match type `file'

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> the fix below replaces "hardlink to symlink" by "symlink to symlink" and
> thus makes building on both NetBSD and Linux work again, see my postings
> to current-users@ on the problem[1][2].

I don't understand why you want multiple levels of symlinks (e.g. a->b
and b->f, where a and b are symlinks and f is a file) instead of a
single level of symlinks (e.g. a->f and b->f, where a and b are symlinks
and f is a file), or even a single level of hard links (e.g. a = b = f
where all three are hard links to the same file).

--apb (Alan Barrett)