Re: panic! panic! panic! sigh.. panic!

Roy wrote:
cpu1 at mainbus0 apid 3cpu1: failed to become ready
droping into debugger; continue from here to resume boot
fatal breakpoint trap in supervisor mode
trap type 1 code 0 rip ffffffff80440c55 cs 8 rflags 286 cr2 0 cpl 8 rsp ffffffff80c9bcb0
Stopped in pid 0.1 (system) at  netbsd:breakpoint+0x5:  leave
db{0}>

That is exactly what I have when I enable the PS/2 port. I think Manuel is right: something in the console support ties up the Reset or Halt line of the AP, so that they are unable to receive the SIPI messages they are waiting for in order to leave their freeze state they enter after the APBIOS has performed some basic init. Apparently, but this is not certain, they are released when the PS/2 port is detected by autoconf, but this happens way after the normal schedule for CPU starting.

Vincent