Re: aac(4) and multiple ld(4)s

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008, Allen Briggs wrote:
On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 01:41:17PM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
I've got an IBM x3400 with a ServeRAID 8k card. I've configured two RAID
arrays: one is a RAID-1 with 2x80GB, the other a RAID-5 with 6x1TB.

However, only the first is seen as ld0, there's no ld1. What gives?

I don't know off-hand, but I'm willing to look at it.  I've been meaning
to set up a second ld on my Dell PowerEdge aac(4).

As suspected, this was down to lack of 64-bit array support in our driver (arrays < 2TB were recognised fine).

A patch is here:

It would useful for someone with an aac that _doesn't_ support 64-bit arrays to test the patch, i.e. the flags list should not include DATA64

Here's one that does:

I'll commit this soon.