fc-cache build failure & ATS [was: Re: bild failure with MKXORG=yes on OS X 10.4]

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
building with " -u -V MKXORG=yes -X /path/to/xsrc" gives me:

dependall ===> external/mit/xorg/tools/fc-cache
      link  fc-cache/fc-cache
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:

I've dug into this. fc-cache is built with "cc" instead of the tool crosscompiler. As a consequence, xsrc/external/mit/freetype/dist/src/base/ftbase.c pulls in ftmac.c in that directory. For that to link the ATS.framework would be needed:

        % nm
 | grep ATSFontFindFromName
        9025d1fc T _ATSFontFindFromName

So the question is: is fc-cache intended to be a host-tool?
If not: how do I change the C compiler in the build framework?
If yes: how do I link in the ATS framework on Mac OS X?

 - Hubert