Re: wm0 Driver

        Hello David.  About a year and a half ago, I did some work on the wm
driver with fiber cards.  Specifically, the driver didn't let you hard code
speed and duplex, prefering to autonegotiate.  I fixed this, and the
changes were pulled into Rev 1.34 of the if_wm.c file.  See PR kern/35797 for
details.
I can't say that I've tried the NetBSD-4 version of the wm(4) driver with
these fixes in place on the fiber cards I'm using, because they're in
production, and we're still running the code I cobled together in NetBSD-3,
but the cards we're using are dual-port half-height PCI cards which probe
as follows:

wm0 at pci3 dev 1 function 0: Intel i82546GB 1000BASE-X Ethernet, rev. 3
wm0: interrupting at ioapic2 pin 0 (irq 10)
wm0: 64-bit 133MHz PCIX bus
wm0: 256 word (8 address bits) MicroWire EEPROM
wm0: Ethernet address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
wm0: 1000baseSX, 1000baseSX-FDX, auto
wm1 at pci3 dev 1 function 1: Intel i82546GB 1000BASE-X Ethernet, rev. 3
wm1: interrupting at ioapic2 pin 1 (irq 5)
wm1: 64-bit 133MHz PCIX bus
wm1: 256 word (8 address bits) MicroWire EEPROM
wm1: Ethernet address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
wm1: 1000baseSX, 1000baseSX-FDX, auto

        It sounds like you've got some dangling pointer in the driver
somewhere, leading me to believe that some part of the fiber interface
parameters in the driver aren't getting initialized properly.

-Brian