Re: Noisy ipmi0 after bootup? (really other kernel noise)

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 19:57:42 -0700 (PDT)
Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:

> Others have suggested that we could ignore fan sensors that have
> never reported a non-zero value, but I'm not sure that's the right
> answer.

Unless you're using persistent state for that, it's a very bad idea,
since one of the obvious reasons for a fan to be not present is for the
cable to have been disconnected and not reconnected during hardware
maintenance, i.e., the fan will be missing at power-up and the user
should be alerted.