Re: Noisy ipmi0 after bootup? (really other kernel noise)

Paul Goyette wrote:

> Please advise if there's any further problems in this area.

I'm not sure if this qualifies.  With an August 23 kernel, I get these
during a boot:

     ipmi0: critical over limit on 'Fan8/CPU2'
     ipmi0: critical over limit on 'Fan7/CPU1'
     ipmi0: critical over limit on 'Fan6'
     ipmi0: critical over limit on 'Fan5'
     ipmi0: critical over limit on 'Fan4'

This spew on to console about 10 or 15 seconds after init starts, and
happen even if I boot to single user mode (ie, no rc.d stuff involved at
all).

I suspect these are just unattached sensors?  They never change from:

         Fan8/CPU2:          0 RPM
         Fan7/CPU1:          0 RPM
              Fan6:          0 RPM
              Fan5:          0 RPM