Re: eee + glx

On 8/29/08, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> 2008/8/29 Tobias Nygren <tnn%netbsd.org@localhost>:
>
> > On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:09:30 -0400
>  > "matthew sporleder" <msporleder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>  >
>  >> I'm running my eee on -current/GENERIC+i915 driver and was wondering
>  >> where I can get the glx module for xorg, as I want to run compiz.
>  >>
>  >> I installed glx-utils, and various opengl pkgs from pkgsrc, so I'm
>  >> wondering where glx comes from.
>  >>
>  >> Any hints?
>  >
>  > wip/modular-xorg-server, built with "dri" option.
>

> and:
>
>  modload drm
>  modload i915drm

I'm pretty sure I have these in my kernel (I added all the drm stuff)
and I have dmesg entries about i915drm0 and [drm].

Anyway, glxinfo looks good, glxgears works great, but compiz still
gives me weird errors.  This might be better on pkg-* now that netbsd
seems okay, but I get:
GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing, which has a lot of traction on
google, and turning off direct rendering with an option seems to help,
but then I just get another message.  :)

I know some people have had this working, so I'm wondering what I'm missing.

Thanks,
Matt