Re: Stack alignement with pthreads

anthony.mallet%useless-ficus.net@localhost said:
> Recompiling libpthread with a new gcc will be enough or should I
> recompile more userland? libc?

I thought of your application - this which uses the __aligned__
attribute.

But I've just tried your test on an amd64/Linux box with gcc-4.2,
with the alignment set to 4096. It doesn't work - the pointer
is 16-byte aligned but not more. So it might well be that
a large alignment attribute has no effect.
(amd64 is different anyway because its ABI defines the stack
alignment, but I don't have an i386 with gcc>4.1 atm.)

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt