Re: More SATA disk detection issues with MCP65 et al

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 10:36:39PM +0200, Johan Ihren wrote:
 >>> [disks probe as ridiculously small, then system hangs]
 >>>
 >>> Anyone else seen anything like this? Known problem? Any suggestions?

It is a known problem with ahcisata. This:

 >> Do you also have revision 1.17 of sys/dev/ic/ahcisata_core.c (search
 >> for ``before actually starting''.  If the delay is 500ms you do, if
 >> it is 100ms you don't).  Wihtout this fix, I had similar problems with
 >> my MCP67.
 >
 > Yes (unfortunately) I did have revision 1.17 when reporting the above
 > problems.

was supposed to have fixed it, and I haven't seen the problem with my
MCP65 since, but I guess it isn't good enough for all cases.

I don't think there's PR for this - please go ahead and file one.

--
   - David A. Holland / dholland+netbsd%eecs.harvard.edu@localhost