Re: libpthread problem in perl

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

1. Is this expected behavior?

Yes, see above.

2. If I reinstall perl from pkgsrc, will the problem go away?

Yes.

3. If I reinstall, will I then have to reinstall all the p5-* packages?

At most the ones that has native code, I guess (I don't know it perl
XS ABI exposes this, or not).

Yeah, that's my problem, too. I've got about 60+ packages that depend on perl, and I really don't want to have to remove and reinstall them all if I can avoid it.

Is 'make replace' the correct incantantion to replace the existing perl with a new one without paying attention to package dependancies?

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |