Should there be a tarball for the external source?  I just downloaded
what I thought were all the tarballs required to build a new -current
release and was not even able to run 'make clean' ...

I was told to use a cvs update on the #netbsd IRC channel which seems
to be working OK, but I'm curious - is this the result of omission by
accident or did I miss something?

Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally                                                left