Re: Planning for NetBSD 5.0

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

Marc Tooley <netbsdmlpostno%spam.quake.ca@localhost> writes:
I am also curious about whether there are any tools the NetBSD
developers use to monitor or access the source code: what does Thor,
for example, use to develop and check stuff in in CVS? How do you
monitor incoming changes? Are there notification scripts that core
relies on primarily?

Pretty much everyone just uses CVS and reads source-changes. There are
no special tracking tools that "normal people" don't have access to.

Except the core mailing list that's quite opaque and makes decisions in
secret. There's a good reason for the secrecy, but I wish some of the
discussions on non-security issues would be made more public.

Of course, I'm always ignored and "they" say no one complains about the
secrecy of core.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost